Muir woods & Sailing in the bay
Just very quickly a few photos from the absolute highlight of my stay in San Fran. That day I met up with friends who live on the north side of the bay. In the morning Dana brought me to see Muir Woods a park with giant redwood trees. In the afternoon she and Robert took my on a sailing trip in the bay.
The redwoods are enormous and it is remarkable that an area like this still exists so close to the city.
Me and the tree.
Sailing from Sausalito with course to the city..
Sailing away from the city towards Alcatraz.
The prison island and the bridge on the way back.
I think the photos speak for themselves: Beautiful scenery, nice people, awesome weather and enough wind - in short it was a wonderful day...
1 comment:
Hey Jo, I'm afraid I don't share your fascination with trees, but I ADORE sailing. Your trip on San Fran bay looks just amazing! I plan to one day buy a small yacht for sailing on Moreton Bay, you will be welcome to sail with us there :)
Cheers
Brad
Post a Comment