The guru of procrastination pays a visit to UQ...
Last week Jorge Cham the autor of the infamous PhD comics ( http://www.phdcomics.com/) gave a one hour lecture on the power of procrastination at UQ.
The story with PhD comics goes something like this: One day you discover or hear of the site and then you spend the next couple of days reading the archives. From then on a good way to escape from the work you should be doing is to 'quickly check' the site to see whether there is a new strip.
Now imagine someone who drew all those comics while doing his PhD!!! There you have someone speaking with autority on a topic such as procrastination.
After the extremely funny talk there was a book signing. I even got a drawing into my book:
And what can I say? The guru of procrastination surely knows a hard working Phd student when he see one ;-)))

2 comments:
Hey Jo
That's interesting! I like that drawing! It looks like you.
Hahaha,
I love the drawing! It's amazing how accurate it is. I wish I were there to listen to the talk and have a picture of my self draw as Am in distress. Hehehe. =P
Post a Comment