The Bungle Bungles 1
Finally I find the time to put up a few photos of my trip to the Kimberleys. It was just amazing!!! It is the place to see some of the most beautiful landscapes in Australia and that combined with remote outback travel, campfires and gorgeous starry nights - one couldn't ask for more.
I had flown to Broome to meet my parents who had been travelling in Australia since March. Our first destination was the Bungle Bungle National Park.
The trip there had a few rough bits and the fact that almost all rivers in the area are inhabited by saltwater crocodiles makes those creek crossing just that little more exiting....
The first glimpse of the Bungle Bungles. I had only seen aerial photos in travel books and had imagined an area with small knobby rocks.
But these photos don't do any justice to the breathtaking walks through the various gorges in the area. Only then one can appreciate that those knobby rocks are in fact gigantic.
This particular walk led to Cathedral Gorge, a collosal rock formation that truly lives up to it's name. (My parents in the backgroud of the shot give some idea of the scale)
The Bungle Bungles in the afternoon sun.
Picanniny creek - it is stunning to see two so unusual forms of rock erosion in one place.
The area of the national park is very large, and one can walk for hours and enjoy ever more amazing views.... (I'm running out of adjectives here, so I'm going to finish for today ;-))
2 comments:
cool. danke für den neuen eintrag.
Hallo Joa, ist sind ja echt starke Fotos. WA ist definitv eine Reise wert. Vielen Dank
Post a Comment