Finally the second post!
After a few busy weeks with writing papers etc. I finally find the time to update my neglected blog. Today I am going to explore the photo upload and share a few shots of a recent visit to Springbrook NP. in southern Queensland.
Part of the mission were Brad & Katharina, Brett & Bek, Tom, Am and myself. But since nobody really likes reading the text in blogs - let's get straight to the photos with a bit of commentary:

On of the coolest waterfalls - the path led along the cliff behind the fall.
(Wow: that was really tricky for me as a blog newbie to have a full size photo open in the new window. I think it is a bit weird that this only works when you assign no layout to the photo...)
To give this another try: here is a photo of the whole team. (From left: Brad, Katharina, Tom Bek, Brett, and Am)
This awesome walk includes all the best features of this rainforest region:
Rainforest vegetation
An artsy shot of elkhorn fern against the extremely blue Australian sky
Green mossy spots deep in the dark forest
Huge strangler figs
Scenic views
And then there are the breathtaking views typical for the area of the scenic rim (The area on the QLD / NSW border used to be a large volcano with Mt. Warning as its center. Over time the volcano eroded and there are only the lava cones and the outer lava flows left. Those form the scenic rim)
Possibly the most beautiful waterfall I've seen.
Are we lost????
A well deserved rest. The snag was it was awfully cold at night. So these gentlemen had to warm themselves with a good measure of port....
The next morning we discovered this massive waterfall only five minutes walk from out campsite.
The Natural Bridge section of Springbrook:
On the way back to Brisie we dropped by the Natural Bridge in another part of Springbrook NP. It is basically a waterfall dropping into a cave and one can walk into the cave where the creek floes out.
Pffff.... for the second post this was quite a big effort. But it is actually fun! So hopefully I can keep you updated on important events and awesome trips...















1 comment:
Wow, excellent job! I really like the nice balance of well written text and fantastic photo shots. Are you sure you are a blog newbie? I'll be looking forward to see and read more for you. So post again soon!
Post a Comment